Television(These are only new or new-to-me shows.)
- The Blacklist (NBC)
- The Newsroom (HBO)
- Homeland (Showtime)
- The Americans (FX)
- Witches of East End (Lifetime) - this one is a total guilty pleasure!
(I haven't seen many movies lately; I usually wait until January to do a lot of that.)
- Girl Rising
- Enough Said
(This is pathetic. I was a bad book reader this year, and it's funny that two of the three are non-fiction, which I rarely read. I'm not a resolution makER but I think I'll have to resolve to read more.)
- Recipe for Joy - by my friend Robin Davis
- Reconstructing Amelia - by Kimberly McCreight
- I Am Malala - by Malala Yousafszai
(Again, some of these aren't new to 2013, but that's when I became obsessed with them.)
- "Same Love" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- "Brave" - Sara Bareilles
- "Bottom of the River" - Delta Rae
- "Wings" - Little Mix
- "Sure on This Shining Night" - Conspirare
- "Next to Me" - Emeli Sande
- "Some Nights" - Fun
- Wake Me Up" - Avicii
- "This Kind of Love" - Sister Hazel
- "It's Time" - Imagine Dragons
- "No Day But Today" - Idina Menzel
- I started my new job after working at my previous job for 16 years.
- We welcomed some brand new framily members: Rylie, Cooper and Lauren!
- This was the year that I put more into my blog, which allowed me to meet new friends. And I even got to meet two in person when I visited Steph in November!
|Steph, Brie, Me, Marla|
- We went to Europe on a choir tour with some of our best friends, and I gained a new close friend, Kat.
A lot of people close to me had some shitty things happen this year, so I'm grateful to look at the positives of 2013. I hope you all had some favorite things during the year. Happy Gwensday!
Can't wait for The Americans to return.
I should add Same Love to my favorite songs of the year.
Thanks for linking up!
If I had to name my top movie of the year it would also be Argo. I heard that "I am Malala" was a good read so I am adding it to my non ending to read list!ReplyDelete
what a fun recap, you were a busy gal! So great that you met Steph...I love when Blog friends can become "in real life" friends too! :) We have a ton of the same favorite music picks!!ReplyDelete
i love emeli sande- so good. and of course can't get enough of avicii!ReplyDelete
Happy Gwensday!!! I love your playlist - there's a few new (to me) songs so I'll be jamming out this afternoon. I'm glad that website helped. Hope you have an amazingly wonderful final 2 weeks of 2013. I feel like 2014 will be a good year for you since it starts on your day :)ReplyDelete
So happy you had a good 2013! It's always fun to look back, even on the tough years! I love your music choices and def with you on Argo, SUCH a great movie.ReplyDelete
Loved Lincoln - and really like Blacklist even though it is a little gross at times.ReplyDelete
I totally spaced on Imagine Dragons, wth was I thinking. I actually got hooked on Chicago Fire just from hearing that Radioactive was the show's "theme" song.ReplyDelete
I was such a bloggy slacker today, I didn't take part in any of the linkups, nor am I just getting around to blog reading until now. I'm so honored to have made the list, and meeting you and Steph has certainly been on my top things of 2013. Good song and book choices, too! I didn't see any of the movies on your list, but I do really want to see Argo and 42! Ahhh, Blacklist <3 <3ReplyDelete
I've heard a lot of people say they love Witches of East End. I'm gonna have to check it out!ReplyDelete