- I don't think I'm changing the world, but I do enjoy this little corner of mine out there on the world wide web, and I so appreciate when people let me know that they enjoy it, too. Thanks, friends.
- Aaron has had a couple crazy busy work days, including getting his car stuck twice in the snow and helping a coworker get his car un-stuck. Last night I said I'd take care of dinner. The plan was to have pork tinga tacos. Aaron had taken the meat out of the freezer so all I had to do was warm it up and get the toppings and tortillas ready. I decided to do a Mexican rice side dish that we've had many times before, but I didn't check the rice supply in time. I ended up using half basmati and half brown basmati and, yes, I knew that they had two different cooking times but foolishly I thought if I just cooked it longer it would work out. We had to throw out the whole thing. This is why I stay out of the kitchen, people. At least the tacos were edible.
- It's tax time, as I'm sure you know. As a former tax accountant I have a nerdy pet peeve and I know that some of my friends do this but I even heard it on a radio commercial this morning and I may have yelled at the radio. Here it is: if you overpaid your taxes and you get money back it's called a tax refund. A tax return is the actual form you submit to the IRS to determine whether or not you get a refund. Thus ends my PSA of the day.
- Last night was karaoke night. Here's my playlist (minus songs that have been on previous playlists):
- My friend Liz posted this on Facebook today and it struck me. It's not an easy thing to remember but it's certainly true:
People can’t drive you crazy if you don’t give them the keys.
- Tomorrow I'll have a special guest blogger and you won't want to miss it. Hint: she's white and black and very fluffy.