- I don't think I'm changing the world, but I do enjoy this little corner of mine out there on the world wide web, and I so appreciate when people let me know that they enjoy it, too. Thanks, friends.
- Aaron has had a couple crazy busy work days, including getting his car stuck twice in the snow and helping a coworker get his car un-stuck. Last night I said I'd take care of dinner. The plan was to have pork tinga tacos. Aaron had taken the meat out of the freezer so all I had to do was warm it up and get the toppings and tortillas ready. I decided to do a Mexican rice side dish that we've had many times before, but I didn't check the rice supply in time. I ended up using half basmati and half brown basmati and, yes, I knew that they had two different cooking times but foolishly I thought if I just cooked it longer it would work out. We had to throw out the whole thing. This is why I stay out of the kitchen, people. At least the tacos were edible.
- It's tax time, as I'm sure you know. As a former tax accountant I have a nerdy pet peeve and I know that some of my friends do this but I even heard it on a radio commercial this morning and I may have yelled at the radio. Here it is: if you overpaid your taxes and you get money back it's called a tax refund. A tax return is the actual form you submit to the IRS to determine whether or not you get a refund. Thus ends my PSA of the day.
- Last night was karaoke night. Here's my playlist (minus songs that have been on previous playlists):
- My friend Liz posted this on Facebook today and it struck me. It's not an easy thing to remember but it's certainly true:
People can’t drive you crazy if you don’t give them the keys.
- Tomorrow I'll have a special guest blogger and you won't want to miss it. Hint: she's white and black and very fluffy.
i fully support what Liz said! same goes for people who say negative shit to you - words have no power over you unless you give it power.ReplyDelete
thanks for linking up!
-kathy | Vodka and Soda
Steph would lose the keys. See what I did there?ReplyDelete
Excellent karaoke list.
as I was reading about the rice I was thinking that I would do the same thing. and that's why I stay out of the kitchen too.ReplyDelete
That Liz is a smart woman, I need to keep that mantra of hers in my head. Or write it down somewhere! I am cracking up about the rice, I've done that with pasta, just thrown 2 different types in the pot and hoped for the best. I'm glad the tacos turned out alright, and Im sure Aaron loved them an appreciated you being in the kitchen after his long ass day. But maybe next time, make it a Domino's night! :-)ReplyDelete
I did not know that it is actually called a TAX REFUND! When Steve and I go to get the accountant to file our TAX RETURN, I will blow her mind with this newfound knowledge! Knowledge is power!
Faboooosh karaoke list. I dig it
HA. I love the tax comment. My sister-in-law says that every year and I secretly laugh.ReplyDelete
Liz is wise. So are you re: taxes.ReplyDelete
Rice is hard no matter how you slice it.