But there are some other ways to tell winter is upon us, and here are mine.
1. The fireplace is on during all waking hours. Thank the tiny toasty-warm baby Jesus for our gas fireplace that we can just flip on and off.
2. It takes a good five extra minutes to get ready to leave the house, between the scarf and the hat and the gloves and the heavy coat. And then another five minutes upon arriving home to shed those same accessories. God help me if I get home and urgently need to pee.
3. Señor Gato Negro and Bella grow enormous manes. Gato's is more obvious because it's grey against his otherwise all black coat.
|Left: Bella in summer|
Right: Bella today
|Look at that luscious mane!|
4. So many pockets. Even more items get "lost" because of all the pockets. (This came from Aaron.)
5. The cats cuddle, both with us and with each other. Well, Bella cuddles even in the heat and humidity of summer, but the other two normally do not.
|Sometimes they make it difficult for me to |
6. We enter the Land of Perpetual Laundry, mainly because every damn day we wear a load of clothes. And we don't even have kids!
It was so cold yesterday that Little Rock Bar wasn't even open, so no karaoke this week. (Wish I had seen that before I walked up there.) Stay warm, my friends!
Linking up with Kathy and Shanna on this crazy cold GWENSday